The mission of Michigan 2-1-1 is to connect people with information and resources to build healthy, safe communities.
Our vision is clear – Michigan 2-1-1 builds stronger communities, day-to-day and in times of emergency by:
- Promoting self-reliance in reaching community resources;
- Fostering civic engagement; and,
- Providing real-time information on health and human service needs, met and unmet, in the community.
Our guiding principles call for our work to be:
- Standards based. Reliable, accurate and consistent community resource information to deliver high quality information and referral.
- Efficient and cost effective. Coordinated statewide system that is a universal access point for multiple needs reducing duplication while increasing access to community resources.
- Client Centered. Providing the highest quality information and referral services in a confidential, person-centered manner.
- Accessible. 24/7/365, at no cost to the individual, using available technology to respond in ways that respect special needs and cultural differences.
- Supported. Government, business, nonprofit organizations and local communities play important roles as active partners in sustaining and evolving 2-1-1.
- Community-based. Information collected, analyzed and updated on a timely basis in partnership with the communities we serve.
- Accountable. Accurate data that identifies health and human service needs and effective solutions for healthy individuals and safe communities.